Argan oil has been called “liquid gold” for its notoriety as a naturally nutrient-dense, skin friendly cosmetic oil with notable benefits not only for the skin but also for the hair. It is pressed from the oil-rich kernels found within the fruits that grow on the argan tree, native to Morocco.
The quality of this oil is evident given the complex, unique scent. Argan oil should have a distinct smoky and slightly fruity (fig-like) scent when it is undiluted, fresh and not “deodorized”. Deodorization is a process that takes the scent out of the oil, which can also destroy a lot of the beneficial fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins. It is cold pressed, sourced directly from Morocco, and certified organic so all you get is 100% high quality, organically grown argan oil in its purest and most bioactive form.
It is a multipurpose oil that serves as a general skin tonic for multiple skin types from young to mature, and from oily to dry or “crepey”. Use it at night for overnight skin repair and nourishment and wake up to dewy, glowing skin in the morning. Those with oily or acne prone skin benefit as well since it helps reduce inflammation. It can also help soothe redness and irritation, restoring a healthy skin color and tone.
For the hair, you can use it to help smooth frizzy ends, add moisture and shine, and to refresh hair that looks dull. A small amount of this oil goes a long way.
Features of our Organic Argan Oil
- Rich in vitamin E. The high vitamin E content accounts for much of its notoriety as a healing, soothing oil. The fact that it is cold pressed ensures the natural vitamin E content remains intact and at full potency.
- Gamma tocopherols, a specific type of vitamin E, make up 75% of the vitamin E in argan oil. Studies on gamma tocopherols suggest they are extremely effective at neutralizing free radical damage while also helping to reduce inflammation.
- Other antioxidants naturally present in this oil are phenols, squalene and carotenes. Combined with the fatty acid components oleic and linoleic acid, this oil makes for an extremely useful natural “cosmetic” for the hair and skin.
- Shelf life of our Organic Argan Oil is approximately one year from date of purchase.
- 2 oz. Certified Organic, Undiluted, Pure Argan Oil for $16.50
Be sure to check out our other facial skin care and hair care products.